FOUNDER AND CEO at TECHNICAL EVENT PRODUCTION
(Fall 2004 – Current) www.techeventpro.com
- Live event production and multimedia design firm.
- Operating all business functions including sales, fulfillment, administrative and marketing.
- Nationally-recognized Technical Director for high-profile corporate events.
- Specializing in corporate meetings, simulcast streaming events,& impact lighting design.
- International scope of business.
CO-FOUNDER AND BUSINESS MANAGER at COPIOUS LOVE PRODUCTIONS
(August 2012– Current) www.copiouslove.org
- Managing all marketing, technology and financials for non-profit theatre company.
- Lighting & Sound Design/Tech Manager for all productions.
- Publisher and Manager of company website and social media.
OPERATIONS MANAGER at AV PRO, INC.
(May 2011– March 2012)
- Management of workflow systems for an end-to-end sales environment.
- Design of event audiovisuals, including projection systems and concert sound.
- Personal monthly sales averaging over $20,000.
- Coordination of all staff members between sales, shop, and technicians.
- A1, V1, L1 onsite show technician and basic LD sales.
- Developed policies and procedures for operational efficiency companywide.
TECHNOLOGY MANAGER at CEDARBROOK LODGE
(September 2010 – May 2011)
- Management of Information Technologies and Audio/Video program for award-winning hotel.
- Administrator of: hotel property management system, restaurant point of sale, credit card processing/pci-compliance, local area and wireless networks, pbx telephone, pc workstations, security cameras, keycard system, & in-room technology.
- Technician for guests in a diverse 12-space conference center running integrated projection, audio, and room control systems.
- Developing policies and procedures for optimized operational efficiency in all departments.
- Interfacing regularly with other department heads on long and short-term decisions.
- Organizing hardware and software purchases across the business.
- Began an education and training program for principal users to maximize general system use.
FREELANCE AUDIO/VIDEO ENGINEER at AV FACTORY
(June 2009 – current)
- Management of technical systems for trade shows, conventions, and location events in the Puget Sound area, specifically including the Washington State Convention and Trade Center.
- Heavy reliance on client support and interpersonal skills in high-stress and time-regulated environments.
- Supervision of breakout systems, simultaneously covering up to 30 zones.
- Expert knowledge of signal flow, A/C, 70-volt, video, & concert audio.
EVENTS, PR, & TREASURY at ELECTRONIC MUSIC COLLECTIVE, LLC
(October 2006 – July 2009)
- Co-founded LLC with Grammy-nominated artists, producers, and authors.
- Communicated strategy, organized, and managed the production of over a dozen LLC events, including festival-style concerts and educational seminars.
- Wrote press releases and created promotional campaigns for print, radio, & online marketing.
- Treasury role included managing corporate accounts, taxes, and event cash.
- Worked closely with local AES, Grammy, and Live Users Group chapters.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REP. at LOUD
(August 2006 – May 2007)
- Expert technical knowledge of each of the hundreds of products in the Mackie, Tapco, Ampeg, and Crate product lines.
- Solved customer issues in Spanish and English from our call center with a constant cue throughout the day.
- Developed a Return Authorization data workflow in MS Office that achieved nearly 25% improved efficiency in Sales, Support, and Customer Service.
- Oracle database software experience.
- Became adaptive in proficiencies with extreme attention to detail.
PRODUCT SPECIALIST at LOUD TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
(March 2006 – August 2006)
- Traveled nationally conducting market-training and sales presentations, specializing in digital recording equipment and techniques.
- Produced multimedia field reports with outside sales reps. focusing on business environments and market strategy.
- Self-managed for time, travel expenses, and presentation content.
- Presented technology to Audio Engineers Society (AES) members, National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) trade show, Guitar Center stores, and throughout the company with internal and external training sessions.
- Coordinated resources inter-departmentally, employing marketing, technical, and administrative roles within a global business environment.
LEAD ENGINEER at WWU EVENT TECH CREW
(March 2004 – December 2005)
Operated audio, video, and lighting systems for nationally-touring acts and university events.
researched and implemented Andrew WK and Built to Spill light shows.
- Various indoor/outdoor FOH and monitor functions with four-way concert
sound systems, stage lighting, control programming, and operation.
SPANISH SPEAKER & WORLD TRAVELER
- Europe: Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Sweden, & United Kingdom
- Americas: Argentina, Barbados, Bahamas, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Falkland Islands, Jamaica, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Saint Martin, Uruguay, & domestic.
STUDENT INSTRUCTOR at FAIRHAVEN RECORDING STUDIOS, WWU
(2002 – 2003)
- Educated first-year audio recording students on the basics of signal flow, equipment, studio etiquette, and engineering.
DIRECTOR at EPIC EVENTS (2005)
STREET TEAM at 107.7
THE END (2004)
CO-HOST at K.U.G.S.
DJ at AVALANCHE ENTERTAINMENT (1999 – 2006)